Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Thanks Hotel Georgia!

I think it entirely appropriate to give a shout out and big thank you to a hotel that treats kiddos as first class citizens and makes mom and dad’s job a tiny bit easier. I was talking with my cousin the other day about her first big outing with her nine-month-old son. It was a practice run really, as they have planned a much bigger outing next month. But to be sure their little guy (and mom and dad) could handle an airplane ride and some time away from his own bed, they decided a quick trial trip was in order.

They live in Calgary, Alberta, and they went to visit family for a few days in Vancouver, British Columbia. More about her trip and tips for traveling with a baby later. But I did want to pass along her big thank you to the Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver. It’s a lovely luxury hotel in beautiful Vancouver, and in my experience, luxury hotels are not always the most family-friendly places. I have often felt like guests go to these places to get away from children rather than be surrounded by them. And that’s totally o.k. We all need a place to get away from our children and other people’s children now and then. =)

But I am happy to report that Hotel Georgia was extremely accommodating of my cousin and her baby boy. She reported to me that the staff truly went the extra mile in many ways, including not just supplying a crib for their stay but also a baby bath tub, baby shampoos and soaps, a diaper genie, and a teddy bear. It might not sound like a lot, but it made this family feel like the hotel was very happy to have them all stay. Looking at the hotel's web site, it looks like they welcome families and offer deals to make the stay fun for everyone. I especially liked the free in-room movie, popcorn, and juice for every day of your stay! See their "offers" page for a family package offer

So my tip of the day: It’s amazing how even small gestures of forethought and kindness go such a long way – in any situation really. Honestly, it's a true life lesson. But in this travel situation, we can thank Hotel Georgia for a few extras that meant quite a lot to these new parents on their first big trip away from home.

If you have had an experience with a hotel or resort that was outstanding and you think other parents should know about it, let me know so I can pass it along!

(Full disclosure: I have no connection to or relationship with Hotel Georgia -- I am just reporting on a positive experience a guest had there!)


No comments:

Post a Comment