Thursday, February 6, 2014

Gear Sale on Zulily

Sale on Zulily today -- Vacation Ready: Travel with Kids. While I thought most of the products were good, reasonable – if not obvious – travel items, there were a few stand outs. I have never tried these products, but I really would if my kidlets were still small enough to use them. They sound fabulous! (And when the Zulily sale is over, I'm sure you can google these items to find them elsewhere.)

TOTEaTOT: This clever little tool allows you to attach a car seat to your carry-on luggage – with the child in it! Makes running through the airport a new experience. Just be careful that what you give your child to play with while you are running is also somehow attached. I’m picturing sippy cups and teething rings strewn in your path…

Tie Chair: Think slip-cover high chair. Made of fabric, the Tie Chair slips over the back of a chair and has a method to tie the child to the chair. If you have the kind of child that can actually be tied down (in a non-abusive, not totally inappropriate way), then this might work great for keeping Johnny happy at the many restaurants you will frequent on vacay. (Or at grandma’s where there is no high chair….) But it does look like the kind of thing that if you have an escape artist, then you’re out of luck.
FlyeBaby airplane baby seat: This looks awesome! It’s a hammock style seat/swing that you attach to a stored tray table and the baby lays facing you into your lap (securely strapped in, of course). This looks like a must-have for lap babies. It looks like it might be best for smaller infants, but if you’ve got an older infant who needs to be napping during the flight, I would guess this would be very helpful.
Over-the-seat organizer: I have seen these before. They fit over the back of the front seats and hang in front of the child. Zulily has one style available in a few colors. It was a good price, so I looked closer. My only complaint with this particular one was the lack of a large pocket. My kids would have coloring books or reading books or even big toys (like a stuffed animal) in the car. This one had good pockets for sippy cups or water bottles, but no large pocket. I have seen these at One Step Ahead, so for me, I would keep looking. But I am totally sold on the concept!
Inflatable bed rails: I have these. They are a must. They are offered on this Zulily sale, but I got mine at One Step Ahead. They are so great. Because they are inflatable, they are easy to pack.  With our three kids, we line them up on a hotel bed horizontally and stick one inflatable bedrail at the end so the last one doesn’t roll off. Works perfectly. (I’ll be sad when the kids are too big for this. It’s so handy, and pretty darn cute….)
There were several other interesting items on this travel sale, as well. I would love to know if anyone has experience with any of the items I mentioned. Can you recommend them or warn against them? I’d also love to know what other must-have travel items you have discovered. Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment